My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls

My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls
My Romance Books

Friday, July 18, 2014

Title: Pleasures of a Notorious Gentleman
Author: Lorraine Heath
Genre: Historical a Romance
Review Rating: Five Stars
Reviewer: Linda Hays-Gibbs
   Stephen Lyons is a notorious man with the ladies but he promises them nothing except pleasure; which he delivers in spades. He swears he will never marry. He has two brothers that both have titles and money. Stephen has no money but he swears to be the best lover in all of London. His brothers are not amused and want to make him grow up. They buy him a commission and put him in the middle of a war with Russia in the Crimea. He is reported dead.
    Mercy Dawson, a nurse from the Crimea arrives at Stephen's brother's, estate and presents him and Stephen's mother with a three month old baby. She swears it is Stephen's son. She only wants to be his nanny but her father insists money should be paid. Duke Ainsley, the brother listens to her story. His mother says the boy does look like Stephen. Ainsley says let's ask Stephen and calls for his brother.
     Mercy almost feints from the news he is alive. She is afraid. Afraid her lies will be uncovered but Stephen doesn't expose her. She is confused about his behavior. She finds she still loves him more than ever and will do anything for him.
     Stephen has a secret though a very big secret.
     I will tell no more about this wonderful story except to say it is well worth the reading. It is an excellent and steamy escape. I gave it Five Stars. I highly recommend it. The characters had very real problems to overcome and sometimes you are sure all is lost!
   It leads you around some difficult problems and I love the ending. It's a wonderful steamy romantic escape. I couldn't put it down

Linda Hays-Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment