My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls

My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls
My Romance Books

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Title: Lord of Temptation
Author: Lorraine Heath
Genre: Historical Romance
Review Rating: Five Stars
Reviewer: Linda Hays-Gibbs
    This is the second in the Lords of Pembrook Series. I read them out of order but still enjoyed them.

    Lord Tristan Easton is an emotionally flawed Lord but living a life on the sea. He has his own ship; calls himself Crimson Jack and commands his men. A man not to be trifled with as he takes nothing from anyone. Into a bar he is enjoying walks a vision. He can't believe his eyes; a Lady in a dockside bar. He immediately wants her
     Lady Anne Hayworth is desperate for someone to take her to her betrothed, Walter in Scutari. She will pay handsomely and was told she could trust Crimson Jack. She tries to offer him 200 pounds but he will not bargain with her for money. He wants her in his bed.
     Lady Anne is furious. How dare he insult her? She will hire another.
    Crimson Jack pays all Captains twice what she offers to refuse her. Soon she returns to him and confronts him.
    She stalks back to him but she is furious. He decides not to push it and says he will settle for a kiss when he wants it. His own timing.
     Finally she agrees and they are off into a grand and glorious adventure.
    I must tell you I loved this. I read Rafe's story, another brother before this one and knew the boys were scared emotionally as well as physically.
    It was a wonderful romance with Tristan and Anne's problems; they really needed each other. I was rooting for them from the first but it would take a lot to melt Tristan's hard heart.
    I won't give away too much of the story but all the characters are full bodied and the author makes you feel for them till the end. I thought the story was headed in one direction but it was different and exciting. It had erotic moments and the beautiful story of romance was all as it should be.
Linda Hays-Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment