My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls

My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls
My Romance Books

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Title: Deception of a Highlander
Author: Madeline Martin
Genre: Historical Romance
Review Rating: Five Stars
Reviewer: Linda Hays-Gibbs

     Mariel Brandon is a pawn manipulated by a horrible spymaster, Aaron. He has her small brother, Jack and vows to kill him if Mariel doesn't do what he wants. He wants her to find Blair and Dougal
Hampton. He also wants Keiran MacDonald dead.
     Kieran MacDonald is the new Laird of his clan at Caisteal Camus on Skye and he must return to insure the safety of his clan. He does not want any outsiders there, especially an English woman. He was fooled by deception before and it cost him his brother.
   He meets Mariel at a party. He tries to dissuade Mariel from begging him to take her away from London. She begs him anyway. Telling him she is in fear of her life in London and must escape.
     This love story is filled with intrigue and misunderstanding as well as torrid love scenes. The highlanders leave you breathless and the dangerous battles are exciting.
   I will not give too much of this away as the story is so good. You don't know what the end will be till the last moment, as it should be.
     I loved the twists and turns of the plot. Sometimes you don't know who can be trusted.
   It was just what the doctor ordered, if you love wild highlanders and mysterious beautiful spies that can't keep their hands off each other. It was a fast moving action packed hot love story.
    I loved the characters. Even the second, third, fourth in command, Colin, Alec, and Hamish left you breathless. With muscles bulging and warrior cries they left you wanting for more of them. Hopefully, they will be in the next editions of highlander romance books this great author writes.
     I gave her Five Stars and wish there was more but that's the top of the line. I enjoyed this jaunt into Scotland's past highlander warrior Lairds. I hope she continues along these lines. It was a great read.
Linda Hays-Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment