My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls

My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls
My Romance Books

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Title: My Highland Lord
Highland Lords Series
Author: Tarah Scott
Review Rating: Five Stars
Reviewer: Linda Hays-Gibbs
Genre:Historical/Fiction/Romance
  
   Lord Ashlund,  Kiernan MacGregor kidnaps Phebe Wallington, Lord Albery's niece mistaking her for his friend's mistress, Lady Heddy Ballingham. He is only trying to heal a lover's quarrel for a friend.
     Phebe is outraged for she is trying to clear her father of treason.  She is working as a British spy with this goal in mind and this lunatic, highwayman Lord has kidnapped her and took her off to Scotland.
    There seems to be others trying to kidnap her too and a fierce gun battle and flight to safety ensue.     
     Phebe injures herself trying to jump out of the moving carriage. She finds herself being cared for by this handsome highwayman. Needless to say sparks fly for he is a sexy hot man.
     This is a hilarious and an intriguing adventure in which all kinds of mysteries and romance surround our heroine. It is fast paced and energetic. I loved all the characters. The body guard/butler Mathers and the endearing Uncle Albery, just to name a few.     
    The witty dialect is great fun.  It is highly descriptive with loads of satirical come backs and funny lines.
The whole story is very descriptive and you feel like you are with them along for the ride.
     I must admit to one thing I found a little aggravating.There were some typos or mistakes in word reversals or word omissions but I think that was done in formatting. I don't see how it could be the author's fault at all. I wish I could have rectified them because I truly loved this story. I think it would have been a perfect read otherwise.
     I still give it Five Stars out of Five because it was supremely interesting and captivating. I think the addition of historical events added to the flavor of the mystery and excitement.
I look forward to more of these Highland Lords!
Great job Tarah Scott!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment