My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls

My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls
My Romance Books

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Title: Miss Bennet's Naughty Secret,a scandal in Surrey Novel
Author: Sandra Sookoo
Genre: Historical Erotic Romance
Review Rating: Four Stars
Reviewer: Linda Hays-Gibbs

A Hot Merry Chase!

     This is an interesting erotic novel that uses a secret passageway as a means for a young lady to spy on a young handsome man and explore fantasies. She is called mad for her weirdness but he is called worse. It seems that Miss Elinor Bennet has painfully lost everyone she has ever loved and vows to never love, never marry, or even get close to another again for fear of this pain.
     She was traumatized and seeks gratification by her own means and without another person for they only cause pain. However; when her only close friend, from childhood moves away, she searches the secret passageways for entertainment.       A new resident moves into Surrey into her friends house. Feeling vulnerable and lonely though she won't admit it, she decides to find out about the new resident and explore the old passageways. She stumbles into the private rooms of a very handsome young man, Mr. Geoffrey Irvine Ansley. She can see him but he can't see her. She finds him in various states of undress and her imagination runs wild. Especially when she finds him in a bathtub. Her imagination gets the better of her after awhile and he hears her and discovers her secret.
     He has a problem of his birth, being born on the wrong side of the blanket and feels he would never find a woman that would accept him and never thinks of marriage.    
     After they start their affair, it gets to them and their hearts start to melt, but will she ever melt enough and does he have enough to give her. This is a very erotic and sensual story that leads you on a hot merry chase.
    It is different and delightful but I felt there should have been a little more about Geoffrey's life in America or about Miss Bennet's family disasters before her aunt and uncle.
      I did get engrossed in the story and it is my understanding that it is a series, so I may be missing some vital information that made me feel this way. If that is the case, I apologize to the author and must search for her other books.       I gave the review rating of four stars for the above reason, but I must confess it is a grand romantic fanciful story.

Linda Hays-Gibbs
The Romance Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment