My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls

My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls
My Romance Books

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Title: Devil Black Author: Laura Strickland Review Rank: Five Star Reviewer: Linda Hays-Gibbs Isobel Maitland tries to save her sister, Catherine from a loveless marriage to Bertram MacNab by passing herself off as his betrothed so her sister can elope with her love, Thomas Hewitt. Their father being unmoved by their pleadings gave them no choice so they hatch this ruse. On the way to this loveless marriage Isobel is stolen away by Dougal MacRae, the Devil Black. Isobel is told what a horrible fate awaits her as MacNab's wife for he tortured and killed his first wife, Aisla to spite Dougal. Dougal's sister Meg tells Isobel what a heartless useless black coward her brother is for not rescuing his first love, Aisla from Bertram and Randal MacNab's murderous torture. She also warns Isobel not to fall under his spell. Dougal gives Isobel her choice him or MacNab. Isobel is very attracted to Dougal and chooses him over the two evils. Lachlan, Dougal's best friend is in love with Meg but she vows to never love any man. Meg spouts hatred all day long about her brother but Isobel is falling despite the dire warnings. Dougal tells Isobel that his sister is right about him and he can never love again. All out war is declared by the MacNab clan because of the promised bride disappearing. Dougal hates them and vows to fight for his new bride to his death. This story has so much happening in it that you will never set it down. It is a page turner. It kept me guessing and I was surprised and happy with this romantic tale from the Highlands. It was just delicious. The characters had complete personalities along with lots of neurosis and psychosis. I would know them if I met them on the street for they became that real to me. I gave this Five Stars out of Five but wish I could give more. I loved it. Linda Hays-Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment