My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls

My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls
My Romance Books

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Title: Lady Parker's Grand Affair Author: Sandra Sookoo Review Rate: Four Stars Reviewer: Linda Hays-Gibbs Lady Magaret Parker's niece, Amanda travels to have her come out in Surrey. She is accompanied by her sleeping nanny, Beatrice and Mister Stephen Tarkington to Maggie's estate. He came to court Amanda but she is spoiled and young so he is not happy with the prospect. Amanda told him her aunt was old and she would inherit her money. He wants someone to sponsor him in Parliament. He expects to meet an old woman so imagine his surprise when Maggie is the aunt. Maggie is beautiful and scandolous. He falls under Maggie's spell almost immediately. The niece is jealous of her aunt and very naughty to her aunt. Stephen starts the seduction almost within minutes of meeting Maggie. He finds in Maggie all he could hope for. He falls for her hard but will she love him? The characters are full bodied, Maggie is passionate, scandalous, stubborn and strong willed. Stephen is a rogue in every way and both are sure they will not fall in love. I was swept along with their grand affair and passions. It is a lively love story but starts off very carnal. I liked the story but it lacked a little more substance in the story. I would have liked to understand more of their motivations and know the people a little more intimately. I really don't think this is regency in the real sense of the word because the liberties were a little too coarse for this time period. I understand she gave a disclaimer but it did not prepare me for the difference I felt in the fabric of the story. However, it is a delightful romp into erotic romance. I give it Four stars out of Five and look forward to more of her works. Sincerely, Linda Hays-Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment