My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls

My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls
My Romance Books

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Title: An Irish Rose Author: Erin Moira O'Hara Review Rating: Five Stars Reviewer: Linda Hays-Gibbs This story takes place in 1959 in Dun Laoghaire, Ireland; when 28 year old virgin, Claire Nugent decides to travel to Australia to be in her sister's wedding She is supposed to marry a 40 year old man or become a nun, but she has dreams no one knows about. Her dreams of falling in love are never to be if she stays in Ireland. Claire decides her only hope is this trip. She finds one man that drives her insane and won't leave her alone. He is at every dance she attends and acts so possessive. Daniel Hunter decides on his beautiful Irish rose but there is only one problem; she hates him. He has tried everything he knows to claim her heart but she refuses him. Will Daniel suffer in vain? Will Claire become a nun or return to her home and marry an old man? Or will she fall in love in Australia? What a lovely romantic story with the Irish accents in the dialogue and the Australian or Aussy coming out in Daniel's slant. The descriptive elements are resourceful. I must say, It was totally delightful. Regretfully, I wanted more from this author. It was just a little too short but a great romantic fantasy. The dialogue was expressive and interesting. The characters stayed in their personalities and were very strong in so short a tale. I do look forward to more of this author's work. I give her Five Stars for a wonderful romantic tale. Li nda Hays-Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment