My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls

My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls
My Romance Books

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Regal Regency Revisited Linda Hays-Gibbs [ 11/10/13 22:02 ] Title: Lady Eleanor's Secret Author: Fenella J. Miller Requested By: Dominique Eastwick Review Rating: Five Stars Reviewer: Linda Hays-Gibbs Regency Revisited Lady Eleanor tends her nephews and niece like a hired governess because her brother Edward Tarrington wants to keep her fortune to himself. He keeps her mistreated and unmarried. He has the unruly temper and evil maniacal plan to even do away with her so he can keep her dowry. She has lost all hope and dreams but devotes herself to playing with his children. Lord Alex Bentley is grieving for his wife Anne for over four years. His mistress begs him to find a wife at least to care for his three poor children; left alone and unloved all these years. He decides to look around for a suitable wife that he can marry to take care of his children and country home without making any demands on his person. He sees a skinny homely young woman playing with four children and is drawn to her. She would be the kind of biddable woman he needed. He decides to watch her and see if she would do for his needs. On further examination he finds this woman has many sides and he is decidedly interested in pursuing her when something very unexpected happens. He is assaulted by her and rendered unconscious. She is so frightened she is speechless. This leads to much misunderstanding. This is a wonderful Regency problem that any number of people of that time could find themselves. In these circumstances a woman had few choices open to her. It was a rigid time for women. I enjoyed the mystery, the intrigue and love story. I am delighted to give this wonderful piece Five Stars. I loved the ending. I was on the edge of my seat till the very end. Thank you for a charming and delightful read. Linda Hays-Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment