My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls

My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls
My Romance Books

Monday, November 18, 2013

Title: Scandal's Heiress Author: Amelia Smith Genre: Romantic Historical Fiction Review Rating: Five Stars Reviewer: Linda Hays-Gibbs Romantic and Endearing Sir Thomas Smithson Pently returns home to England from India to reluctantly assume his position in society after his brother's death. His father is on his deathbed too and the situation is dire. Thomas left over ten years ago with bad blood between them. The only reason he decides to heed the call home is the recent death of his love. Hyacinth Grey lives in Gibraltar with her widowed father, Captain Grey and her brother, George. She takes on the roll of mother and governess to George. George is actually illegitimate but Hyacinth doesn't care. Her father gets word that Hyacinth inherited all if her improper grandmother's properties and assets. He wants his daughter to have a proper introduction to society. His sister, Lady Talbot lives in London and will see to her nieces presentation so he decides to send her to London. He decides his son can go to a school there too. Maria, Hyacinth's maid will be their chaperone. Thomas and Hyacinth are sent on the same ship. Her father cant accompany her and he warns her away from Thomas but the trip takes longer than anticipated and they are thrown into each other's company. She is determined to not like him but she finds herself indebted to him and drawn to him. It was such a romantic and inspiring story. You really feel like you know these two characters before the book ends. They become very real and alive to you and you are so hopeful for their futures. I could not put the book down after a few pages, as I was hooked. The descriptions were breath taking at times like when Thomas dives into the water after George. The waves were frightening in a fierce storm at sea but swimming in them was almost impossible. Thomas and George were in horrendous danger and you felt it. I am a Regency nut and I love all things of this period and these two characters are now on my list. I truly loved them. I give this superb story Five Stars and wish I could give it Six. It is excellent. I recommend it to all who want good clean Regency. Thank you Amelia. Linda Hays-Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment