My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls

My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls
My Romance Books

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Review Highlander's Hope

Title: Highlander's Hope Author: Collette Cameron Review Rating: Five Stars Genre: Historical Romance Fantasy 1817 Yvette Alexandra Clarisse Stapleton is on the run, escaping a stepbrother bent on making her his wife. Edgar is obsessed with kidnapping Yvette. Yvette runs from America to England to escape but he follows her. She is running away from men when rescued by Laird Ewan McTavish, Viscount Sethwick, a spy and covert agent of the regent. Her dire circumstances make it necessary to protect her and take her to her relatives. Ewan suspects her and her stepbrother if being linked to a traitor that is killing agents like flies. It is urgent that this man be revealed and imprisoned. More than this though is Ewan's desire for Yvette. This is a merry chase of an action packed exciting escape into a lively enjoyable romance. I loved the story, the beautiful descriptive prose and the intriguing tale. The characters had distinctive personalities that grew flesh and bone. Yvette was smart and endearing even if naive and biased against men seeking her immense fortune. She was determined to only marry for love when all around her only saw her wealth never her beauty. Ewan was determined to capture the elusive traitor but he wanted Yvette. He determined to protect her and try and win her heart. They are surrounded by characters that make an impression from Mrs. Pettigrove, her wagging tongue and obnoxious behavior to the maid that refused to ride in the carriage; all are made unique. I found all of Ewan's Scottish relatives and Yette's English relatives superbly interesting too. Sensual in his seduction of Yvette; Ewan never let up the action for moment. I could not stop turning the pages in anticipation of the next excitement. I heartily recommend this book to romantic readers and adventurous ones too. I rate it Five Stars but wish I could make it more. It is a wonderful book. Eternal Press And TRR Sincerely Linda Hays-Gibbs Author and Reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment