My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls

My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls
My Romance Books

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Title: "Human No Longer" A Vampire Novel Author: Kathryn Meyer Griffith Review Rating: Five Stars Genre: Horror Paranormal Fantasy Reviewer: Linda Hays-Gibbs This vibrant shocking story starts in St. Louis, Missouri on a sultry night in August, as a deeply in love married couple try to celebrate a twelve year anniversary of their wedding. They are brutally attacked. Jeff Sanders dies from the attack but Jenny Sanders awakes two weeks later from her coma and into a different world, as an alien life form. Jenny was in shock and her brother Joey's suggestion she move back home and live in their old farmhouse was her only bleak alternative. However; Jenny, long ago past published author was still changing and trying to cope with the monster she had become. She had two children to raise, protect and provide for and no skills or money and no book published in years. She soon realized she had no choice but to take her brother's generous offer and move to Florida to make a new life. The terrorizing realization that she was a real vampire was hard to accept. She fought it and all the violent urges and a terrible thirst for blood. She fed on small animals and hated what she had become fearing for the safety of her very own children and loved ones. Her story just starts to level out when more vampires come into the picture terrorizing everyone and killing. They are seven feet tall and have super powers. They are the monsters you fear in the night and Jenny is becoming one with them. I will not give away more of the plot but must advise that you will never guess the ending. It is a fast paced, traumatizing, heart racing, powerful horror tale with new and exciting twists. It had me holding my breath for the safety of some and agonizing over the horrific events facing Jenny. If you would like a startling new way to look at vampires, you will thoroughly enjoy this thrilling fantasy. I fell in love with Jenny. Her determination, courage, steadfast love, stubborn will and fortitude in the face of her agonizing metamorphosis makes her a great heroine. I must say I detested her circumstances as I agonized and worried for her. Her brother, Joey's devotion, kindness and love for his sister and her children make him a hero and wonderful man. Love blossoms for Jenny too from Joey's friend Andy a sweet heartthrob of a guy. Many of the character's personalities make for endearing never flat creations. The children's unwavering love for their mother captivated my heart and did rend my soul. The scraggly lost kitten that almost talks is very heartwarming. Even the ghosts help to fill out this haunting horror tale and there is more, much more. I give it Five Stars for a page turning beauty of a vampire horror tale. I look forward to other mouth-watering vampire tales from Kathryn Meyer Griffith Sincerely, Linda Hays-Gibbs The Romance Reviews reviewer and independent reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment