My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls

My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls
My Romance Books

Friday, April 5, 2013

Angel Heart Review [SUMMARY] [REVIEWS] [COMMENTS] [INTERVIEW] [WRITE_REVIEW] [VIDEO] OFFICIAL REVIEW 2 people found the following review helpful Book Reviewed by Linda Hays-Gibbs (author,reviewer) [ Review Posted: Apr 02, 2013 ] - See all my reviews In this inspiring love story set in Regency England and France, there was great turmoil in the world and the author added legends and supernatural occurrences too. It was very unusual and interesting. Marie-Ange was a poor widow of Christopher Norton for six lonely years. She is desperate for money as her estate is falling down around her and her young brother in law. She is given notice that a relative of hers has died in France and all she has to do to claim this much needed money is travel to France and sign some papers. She feels she has no choice but to go. Hugo Saintclair is a self-made French Captain of the ship that takes Marie-Ange to France. There is an immediate attraction between her and Saintclair. She has vowed to grieve for her husband until she dies until she looks into the blue eyes of the Captain. Then she discovers that her husband might not be dead, after all. This is just the start of a very exciting and mysterious adventure. You learn to love and grieve for these two star crossed lovers. They have a very hard time just staying alive much less loving each other. I was captivated by the determination and courage of Marie-Ange but frustrated with her trust and innocence. She was a fast and furious heroine though, despite her many problems. Hugo rescued her so many times I lost count and although he was brave and heroic as well as handsome, he was stubborn and always had a point to make. He seemed to have an inferiority complex that inspired him on to do great things and become the heroic figure he was. I must say that I fell in love with him, too. The characters and the plot were very well thought out and fully fleshed. You even felt sorry for the evil Maleval. Even his name told you this was not a nice man but he had his obsessions, too. I really enjoyed this exciting mysterious paranormal regency romance. I look forward to more stories from this author. I give her five stars out of five for an excellent read. Was this review helpful to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment