My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls

My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls
My Romance Books

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Angel Bait Review
 by Linda Hays-Gibbs
Angel Bait by 
Tricia Skinner
     Ionie Gifford is a reporter for a newspaper. She is smart cunning and a biracial beauty. She is covering a string of murders for a story in her newspaper. Her world consists of humans and others. The others are vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters, fairies, angels and etc. She thought she knew all about her world in this futuristic Detroit and only wanted the next big story. 
     When she meets Jarrid she is not prepared. Jarrid is a Nephilim, a half angel. He takes her breath away.
     Her best friend and boss JP is a werewolf with five Great Danes and her boss. JP tells her about the half angel wanting to help with the story she is covering. The story is nothing compared to Jarrid. He is a giant of a beautiful man just perfect.  He knocks her socks off. She craves him like a starving man does a steak but he seems afraid of her.  
       Jarrid belongs to The Order and is a virgin. 
     The Order  consists of four Nephilim and one full angel with burned wings. The are heaven's assassins. They have no time for love but this little reporter is so feisty and brave they all care for her. However;  Jarrid is in love.
He tries to deny it but it is too strong even for a giant Nephilim.  The problem is Jarrid must use her as bait to lure the fallen angel or renegade out of hiding. He is their way back into heaven. He must die but being a full angel and evil he is very powerful. Jarrid vows to protect his bait never thinking he would fall in love with it, with Ionie.
   This is a very different kind of story. I enjoyed the personality of Ionie. She is a hard nosed reporter with a heart of gold.  She tries to be brave and strong and stands her ground. She has the hots for Jarrid right off. He does have feelings for her but he has no clue what to do with them. Ionie has to seduce an angel and it was an interesting scenario.
     I was hooked from the start. I loved the plot and the way the book moved. I was pleasantly surprised by several points and turns to this fascinating tale. Jarrid captured my heart and I found myself rooting for Ionie. Their characters were full of personality and flavor. The rest of the Angel Squod: Cain, Tanis, Nesty and Kas all became your friends. The nasty vampire Saul was an evil opponent as well as Beleth the renegade. It was a powerful story. I had not a clue to the ending and I won't spoil it now. Great job Tricia.
I give her Five Stars out of Five. I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment