My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls

My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls
My Romance Books

Monday, March 25, 2013

Feb. 18, 2013 Review by Linda Hays-Gibbs for Scandal at Half Moon Street by Vivian Roycroft Ernst Anton Oldenburg, His Grace, the Duke of Cumberland seems a most accomplished rake but all is not what it seems. He is quite delicious and full bodied and fleshed. His character is all together enchanting and terrifying. He has the power to accomplish about anything he wishes. His wishes are the challenge. The Honorable Anne Elizabeth Henrietta Kirkhoven, youngest daughter of Baron Wotton of Boughton Malherbe, Kent is this rake's next victim. She is totally innocent except for her heart wrenching love for a writer/barrister named, Frederick Shaw. Her mother vows she will not wed him but looks higher. The Duke of Cumberland pursues Anne. Her mother realizing the rise to glory his person could be for her daughter and family encourages the suit. Suddenly, she sees that in His Graces' smile all is not as it seems and tries to disengage from the fiasco. However; the folly is seen and tongues start to wag. Mrs. Wotton is too late to stop the progress the Duke sets in motion The descriptive phrases are delightful. I found myself amid an enchanting world of 1812 England. The plot was a mystery until the end and was very exciting. How all this could be accomplished by one man was mystifying. I found the characters had pride, honor and a deep sense of purpose. I throughly enjoyed this story. It weaves an enchanting tale of love and romance. I would recommend this story to anyone that loves this time period and enjoys an escape into that world of long ago England. I give this tale five stars out of five, an excellent piece of work. Thank you so much for the privilege of reading it. Sincerely, Linda Hays-Gibbs Eternal Press Author Reviewer for TRR

No comments:

Post a Comment