My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls

My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls
My Romance Books

Monday, March 25, 2013

Review of The Bedeviled Heart, Book Two of the Highland Heather and Hearts Scottish Romance Series authored by Carmen Caine Review by Linda Hays-Gibbs Kate Ferguson is a spirited lass with a heart of gold. She meets a charming outlaw at one of the taverns while selling supposedly charmed rocks. The outlaw is the famed Cameron, Earl of Lennox, the Dreaded Earl of Death. He is enchanted by Kate and falls for her charms almost immediately but since he has married seven times and lost all wives to death he vows to protect Kate. He will not have her die because he loves her. Court intrigue with King James lll and Thomas Cochrane, the mason lead to extreme measures and Cameron tries always to protect his Kate and her endearing father. He tries to hide them away from Thomas but he finds them and takes his Kate. The Prince, John Stewart is also taken and killed by Thomas. The search for Kate is extensive but she has disappeared. Cameron is distraught and out for blood. Finally with his nobles behind him and the help of his friend the Earl, Julian Gray he finds her at last but she is large with his child. They still must battle this murderous Thomas Cochrane and the King but I will leave the rest of the tale. I've already gave too much away in this charming story I loved. The characters are so real and fleshy that you feel you know them personally. The plot is exciting with just the right amount of history. You feel like you are there. I could not put it down or stop until I had consumed it. I loved this story and must read her other books. I give her Five Stars out of Five. It was brilliant. Linda Hays-Gibbs The Romance Reviews Eternal Press Author

No comments:

Post a Comment