My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls

My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls
My Romance Books

Monday, February 25, 2013

Review if One Knight's Bargain
by Linda Hays-Gibbs
One Knight's Bargain
By Alexandra O'Hurley
    It is near Paris in 1285
and it is a hard life.  Sybille is at her father's castle tending to it and her three young brothers. Her parents left for Paris with her four other brothers weeks ago and have not returned. There is only two old knights left for protection and she have no money for food.
     Eustache is a black knight with a fearsome reputation, a veritable mountain of a man. He thunders to the castle on his charger with his knights and shows the two poor old retainers his papers. Then he promptly kills them.
     Sybil's hides her brothers and tries to flee but is caught. She had on chain mail while she was teaching her brothers to fight. He thinks she is a man and threatens her life. 
     She admits that she is the woman he seeks for his papers says he owns her father's castle and her.
He has come to marry her. She will not let him claim her until they are wed and demands he show her respect.
     This is a sweet fantasy of that time. It sucks you in from the first. I enjoyed the tale and wish there was more. I read it very quickly and wanted it longer.
I hope to read more from this author and soon.
     I give her five stars out five for a very fine read.
Linda Hays-Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment